England Women Vs. Sweden Women
England will host Sweden as they step up their preparations ahead of next summer’s FIFA Women’s World Cup. The international takes place at Rotherham United’s AESSEAL New York Stadium on Sunday 11 November, kick-off at 13.30.
The South Yorkshire venue has hosted a number of women’s and development team fixtures over recent years. Over 10,000 spectators packed the New York Stadium to witness Jill Scott's late equaliser which earned the Lionesses a 1-1 draw at home to Belgium in a Euro 2017 qualifier. The AESSEAL New York Stadium is also among the nine venues put forward in The FA’s bid to host the UEFA Women’s Euro 2021 finals.
The fixture is the third and final in a series of home internationals and follows a clash with Brazil at Notts County’s Meadow Lane ground on Saturday 6 October and a match against Australia under the floodlights at Craven Cottage on Tuesday 9 October.
So come and show your support for the Lionesses - tickets are on sale now.
Ticket Price and Details
Early bird tickets can be brought up to and including 14 October – priced at £7.50 for adults and £1 for concessions
From 15 October onwards, tickets will be priced at £10 adults, £1 concessions
Group bookings and Charter Standard discounts also apply.
For further information or to book over the phone, please call 01709 827768.
- Venue Name:
- AESSEAL New York Stadium
- Venue Address:
- AESSEAL New York Stadium, Don Street, Rotherham, S60 1DF
Directions from the South
- M1 Junction 33, take 3rd exit signed A630 Rotherham
- 1st Roundabout (Junction with A631) at roundabout take 1st exit
- 2nd Roundabout - A630 (Canklow Roundabout) take 2nd exit
- 3rd Roundabout - A630 (Ickles Roundabout) take 2nd exit
- After the first set of traffic lights move into the right hand filter lane and you will then come back on yourself and take the first left onto Main Street.
- Turn right onto Don Street after the council offices, and the AESSEAL New York Stadium is your second right.
Directions from the North
- M1 Junction 35 leave motorway, take 1st exit signed A629 (Upper Wortley Road)
- 1st Roundabout - take 2nd exit (A629)
- 2nd Roundabout - take 2nd exit (A629)
- 3rd Roundabout (College Rd / B&Q Roundabout) take the 4th exit
- After the first set of traffic lights take the first exit onto Main Street meaning access from the east requires crossing the A3205 Itchen Bridge and heading north back towards the stadium.
There will be no public parking at the stadium on the day of a match. Please take this into consideration when arriving by car for a game. There is an NCP Car Park in the town centre, and a pay and display car park located on Sheffield Road, both within 10 minute walk to the stadium.
We can also recommend Forge Island car park which is situated across from the stadium. Forge Island is FREE on Saturdays and Sundays. The post code is: S60 1EJ.
Fans can also find off-site parking provided by JustPark within a short walk of AESSEAL New York Stadium which can be booked online here.
The main Rotherham Bus and Train stations are both within 10 minutes walking time of the stadium. We would recommend this as a travel options for fans where possible. Once exiting the bus/train station there is ample pedestrian signage to direct you to the stadium.
As part of the build of The AESSEAL New York Stadium, Rotherham United have made a huge effort to ensure that the stadium is as friendly and accessible as possible for our disabled fans.
Further information about our disabled supporter services can be obtained from our Disability Liaison Officer, by contacting: 01709 827768, by email to: email@example.com or by post to:
Disability Liaison Officer,
Rotherham United Football Club,
The AESSEAL New York Stadium,
New York Way,