COVID-19 Spectator Code of Conduct
When Wembley finally welcomes spectators back under the arch, things will feel very familiar, but also a little different.
We have been working extremely hard over the past months to ensure that when the time comes, the experience of watching an event at the national stadium continues to be a fantastic, memory making experience.
However, due to the ongoing pandemic, we have made some changes to our event delivery to make sure that we all feel safe, allowing us all to enjoy what we’ve all missed, spectators and staff alike… Live events with you!
Our Spectator Code of Code is one such change. A version of this code will exist at all stadia and has been created to help us protect you and your fellow fans and assist and protect our staff.
It’s important that you read, understand and comply with all elements of The Spectator Code of Conduct before making the decision to book tickets for a future event at Wembley.
Wembley National Stadium Limited (“WNSL”) is committed to as far as possible ensuring the health and safety of spectators, and to providing as safe and suitable an environment as possible during this COVID-19 pandemic. In order to do this, all spectators must behave in a safe and responsible manner at all times. By attending an event at Wembley Stadium, you are agreeing to comply with this COVID-19 Spectator Code of Conduct, including the ‘track and trace’ measures set out below.
However, it is impossible for WNSL to completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19. Therefore, if you are not willing to comply with this Code of Conduct or you feel uncomfortable with the risk of you attending an event at Wembley Stadium, you should not attend.
Any breach of this Code of Conduct may result in you being removed from the stadium and may result in a ban or suspension from attending future events at Wembley Stadium.
In order to assist our staff and stewards to keep everyone safe, and to help protect you and your fellow spectators, you are kindly requested to comply with the following:
- If you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, or if anybody in your household is displaying COVID-19 symptoms, or if you are otherwise self-isolating (either due to a recent positive COVID-19 test or otherwise), please do not attend the event at Wembley Stadium. You will be entitled to a refund in accordance with The FA’s Ticket Refund Policy. Please also follow all government guidance in respect of testing and self-isolation, details of which can be found here
- Arrive at least one hour before kick-off to go through all the necessary entry procedures.
- All ticket holders are prohibited from bringing any bag into the stadium unless it adheres Wembley Stadium regulations. Details of Wembley’s restricted bag policy can be found here.
- Please ensure that you wear a face covering at all times, even when seated in the stadium bowl. If you (or a member of your group) are exempt from wearing a face covering for medical or other reasons, please contact our Customer Engagement Team in advance of the event, details of which can be found here, to arrange the collection of a ‘face covering exempt’ lanyard on the event day or speak to a member of our Customer Engagement Team, or one of our stewards on arrival at the stadium.
- At all times and in all parts of the stadium, including toilets and concessions, please observe social distancing and avoid close contact with others not in your social bubble wherever possible.
- Remain in your allocated seat wherever possible. If you do need to leave, wait until the gangway is clear or step into one of our new dedicated passing bays to allow others to move safely past you. Always follow the signs or instructions from our stewards indicating which way to go.
- When on the stadium’s internal concourse, please be aware of the movements of others at all times. When moving past other spectators generally, please avoid face to face contact wherever possible.
- Maintain good hand hygiene and use the sanitiser dispensers provided. Avoid touching your face, handles, or railings etc. whenever possible.
- Always cover your mouth if needing to cough or sneeze.
- Avoid hugs, high-fives and any close contact with people who are not within your social bubble and take care when shouting, singing or celebrating.
- Be aware that all payments inside the stadium are contactless; no cash will be taken.
- When travelling to and from the stadium, please follow all guidance and rules in respect of the use of public transport, details of which can be found here.
- Please follow all instructions and signage in the stadium, including instructions from our stewards and other stadium personnel.
Track and Trace Measures
As a condition of attending an event at Wembley Stadium, in order to assist with the UK government’s track and trace requirements, you must:
- provide your name and contact details, either at the point of purchasing your tickets or following the purchase (but prior to attending the event);
- if purchasing tickets for others, provide the name and contact details for each member of the group; and
- if you are transferring a ticket to another person, provide updated name and contact details for the person that will be attending the event.
You acknowledge that tickets may not be released and attendance at the stadium not permitted until all relevant track and trace information has been provided.
If you are attending with other members of a social bubble, please make sure they have all read and understood this Code of Conduct.
If you need any help or feel unwell when you are in the stadium, go to the nearest first aid point or seek support from our Customer Engagement Team, or one of our stewards, who will be happy to help. For further information, click here to visit our guest portal.
In addition to this Code of Conduct, please also ensure you read the following which will apply to your attendance at the event:
WNSL reserves the right to update this Code of Conduct from time to time. Any updates will be made available on our website or otherwise communicated to you.
Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe and enjoy the game!
Wembley Stadium connected by EE